We are very conscious that it is your needs that drive our business, so your experience and feedback is essential to us. If you have suggestions for us to improve our site please get in contact and let us know, we offer many options above to get in contact so don’t be shy! We know that the world of vaping can be quite daunting, so we at OB are trying to make your journey as easy as possible.
First things first:
- All our products are TPD compliant, this means that they fully comply with the new EU wide legislation, ensuring that you are receiving a fully regulated product. Click here for more info. If you notice anything that seems to defy TPD regulations, please get in touch.
- All our liquids are fully traceable to source, making it a product that you can trust. When one of our customers makes the switch we want them to be confident in recommending OB Vaping products to your friends and family.
- If you are new to vaping, please do take a look at our Getting Started Page which can talk you through what you need to consider before you start vaping.
TPD means the Tobacco Protocol Directive 2014/40/EU, a set of European Regulations that were converted into Irish Law and came into operation May 2016. There was 6-month transition period, but since November 2016, ALL E-cigarettes, Electronic Cigarettes, E-liquids, refill containers and cartridges must, by law, comply with these regulations.
What products do these regulations cover?
- They apply to Refill Containers, which contain a nicotine-containing liquid.
- Electronic Cigarettes which are sold without nicotine containing liquid included in the same packaging.
- Electronic Cigarettes / Disposable Electronic Cigarettes which are sold with nicotine containing liquid included in the same packaging
These rules govern packaging and containers for all items relating to vaping and e-cigarettes, used with Tobacco. They are designed to clearly explain to users what the product is, how to use it and what the risks are – the aim is that adults over the age of 18 can make informed decisions.
A really good idea, when you are trying a new vaping or e-cigarette shop or product, is to have a proper look at the packaging and check that it fulfills these requirements – especially as some less reputable companies may still be bringing in oils and vapes from outside the EU, that don’t meet these regulations.
There are over 30 requirements that must be adhered to:
- The refill container (bottle only), which has nicotine containing liquid, must not have a volume greater than 10mls.
- Individual cartomisers, which have nicotine containing liquid, must not have a volume greater than 2mls.
- The nicotine content on both the outside packaging (box) and the unit packet (bottle) is indicated.
- The nicotine content on the outside packaging (box) of cartridges/cartomisers is indicated.
- The nicotine concentration of the liquid is not greater than 20mg/ml in any refill container (bottle or cartomisers).
- The Health Warning is in both the Irish & English Language as prescribed below;
- Cuimsíonn an táirge seo nicitín, ar substaint an-andúile é
- This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance
- The Health Warning appears on the 2 largest surfaces of the outside packaging (box), covering 32% of the surface on both sides. (Note; this also applies to the outside packaging of individual cartomisers or packs of cartomisers)
- The Health Warning appears on the unit packet i.e. the bottle, covering 32% of the surface. (Note; for the unit packet of individual cartomisers or packs of cartomisers this requirement may NOT apply)
- The outside packaging or the unit packet (bottle or cartomisers) do not include any labels or elements or features which resemble a food or cosmetic product.
- There are no statements or symbols on either the outside packaging (box) or the unit packet (bottle or cartomisers) which promotes the product in any way or would suggest or give the impression that the product has health or lifestyle benefits, is less harmful than other products, contains natural or organic properties, has vitalising or energetic or healing properties.
- The outside packing (box) and the unit packet (bottle or cartomisers) do not include printed vouchers, offering discounts, two-for-one or similar offers.
- The delivery per dose on both the outside packaging (box) and the unit packet (bottle or cartomisers) is indicated.
- The batch number is printed on both the outside packaging (box) and the unit packet (bottle or cartomisers).
- The ingredients are listed on both the outside packaging (box) and the unit packet (bottle) in descending order of the weight. In the case of ‘cartomisers’ the Ingredients are listed on the outside packaging (box) only.
- There is a recommendation to keep the product out of reach of children on both the outside packaging (box) and the unit packet (bottle). In the case of ‘cartomisers’ a recommendation to keep the product out of reach of children on the outside packaging (box) only.
- The refill container (bottle or cartomisers) are Child and tamper-proof.
- The refill container (bottle only) has a securely attached nozzle at least 9mm long which ensures refilling without leakage.
- The refill container (bottle or cartomisers) is protected against breakage and leakage.
- An information leaflet is included with the product either included separately in the packaging i.e. in the box or as a peel and reveal on the unit packet i.e. the bottle.
The information leaflet must include:
- Instructions for use and storage of the product
- That the product is not for use by young people and non-smokers
- Warnings for specific risk groups
- Possible adverse effects
- Addictiveness and toxicity information
- Contact details of the manufacturer or importer
- Instructions for refilling, including:
- Specifies the width of the nozzle (bottles only)
- Specifies the width of the opening of the tank.
- Has a securely attached nozzle that is at least 9mm long
- Specifies the type of docking system with which the electronic cigarette and refill containers are compatible (cartomisers only)
All the videos on our site are actual customers of ours who have their own story to tell. If you would like to feature in our weekly vlog, please do get in touch, we would be delighted to hear from you.
If you still have some queries having reviewed our site, please do get in contact with us.
Thank you for visiting our site and if you chose to purchase one of our products we do greatly appreciate it.
Many thanks again for your time and we hope to see you again soon.